ENG

ITA  ENG

LUIGI PITZALIS, RAMAIO VIA GIOVANNI XXIII, 10 08033 ISILI [CA] - ITALY
T. +39 0000 000000 | e-mail: info @ luigipitzalis.it

Isili's copper history

The Unions were dissolved by the royal decree of the 29th May 1864, giving way to mutual aid societies. In 1875 was formed the association of MS of Blacksmiths and Boilermakers in Sassari. The Council of Trento established the obligation of keeping books about the religious life of every city, so it allows us to have some more information. The first document that testifies the presence of a coppersmith in Isili is from 1677. The notary Pere Moi in an act of wealth in favor of the Rev. G. Battista Muri writes:

"... afronta a casa de Juani Lechis ferrer y a casa de Francisco Porcu ramenero..." (in front of Juani Lechis Ferrer's house and of the house of the coppersmith Francisco Porcu)
(Mura Giovanni - A agiudu torrau. Una Parrocchia, una comunità - Grafiche Ghiani 2008)

While there is no systematic research about the working of copper it can be assumed that this activity is carried out in some towns inland Sardinia, and not only in the major cities. Here and there we can find limited informations about some coppersmiths, for example in The Book Of The Dead of Siniscola we can find Antonio Dettori coppersmith of Bonorva (4th January 1825).

PAGINA    1 2 3 4 5 | 6 | 7 8 9 10 11